Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

Hello Blogging World!

I'm so excited to become a part of the blogging world! I just hope I can keep up when school starts. I got together with a teacher friend last week and it was just the kick in the bootay to get school stuff started for the upcoming year. You know how it goes....throughout the school year, you always tell yourself, "Oh! Next year I'm going to change this and going to make that better and do this cool project." The work has to start somewhere, so let's get started! 


One of the first school projects I've started working on are my class economy wallets. They are so easy to make and the kids LOVE using them. It makes the experience more real for them and helps them stay organized. 


I used felt because it's very cheap and it lasts the entire school year. It's also super easy to sew!
First, I bought my felt. I used half a sheet of two different colors to make a wallet. 

Next, I sewed on the velcro. I decided to use the sew on kind rather than the
stick on kind. It lasts way longer! After the velcro is sewed onto the pockets,
they I sewed the pockets to the wallet. Sew on three sides, leaving one side
open for the kids to put their class money.
Ta da!!
 
My pile so far! Halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment